What is DBT?
What is EMDR?
What is Somatic Experiencing?
What is Trauma? “Big T” and “little t”
“Big T” trauma examples:
• birth trauma
• fighting in a war
• surviving a natural disaster
• invasive medical procedures
• surviving a rape or other sexual attack
• surviving sexual, emotional, or physical abuse
• surviving a life threatening car accident or injury
• surviving a physical attack such as a robbery or beating
“little t” trauma refers to types of trauma experienced from "smaller” events. These tend to get less of our attention, but when the “little t” traumas build up because we’ve lacked the time or ability to process them, they can affect us just like “Big T” trauma.
“little t” trauma examples:• car accidents
• going through a divorce or a break up
• ongoing emotional abuse, neglect or conflict
• experiences of shame, humiliation, or being left out
• being betrayed by a family member or close friend
• losing your job unexpectedly
• not feeling cared for
What insurance companies do you accept?
- America's PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Bluelink TPA
- Health EZ
- Health Partners (Medicaid)
- Mayo Clinic Health Solutions
- Metropolitan Health Plan
- Minnesota MA
- Out of Network
- Preferred One
- United Health Care